Home made cosmetic recipes for the Face, Body & Hair
A good home cosmetic recipe must be simple and efficient. We have prepared DIY recipes for all your body whose ingredients are already in your fridge! No need to equip yourself with expensive ingredients to make your natural DIY beauty products. Our preparations, tested and approved, will allow you to pamper from head to toes by realizing your home made care. Because in the end, it's nice to be able to make you own simple house day cream and know what it contains!
What are the advantages of DIY care?
Homemade is becoming commonplace for many of us. Not only in our kitchens, for our cleaning products but also for our own body care. More and more often, in our organic houses, we want to do “Do It Yourself”. It's fun, it's economical and it's simple.
The list of benefits of making your own natural cosmetics is long:
- The cosmetics made by yourself will suit you 100%, because they are tailor-made
- Natural cosmetics made at home let you know what's in them
- Your DIY mixture will not contain chemicals, toxic, harmful, preservatives or endocrine disruptors
- The manufacture of homemade cosmetics is much more ecological and zero waste
- Froom an economic perspective, it is unbeatable. You will no longer pay the price of the brand (and their big advertising budget)
- Your homemade cosmetics will not be tested on animals and will be cruelty free
- You can change your cosmetics each time according to your needs and the seasons
- No more waste! You will be able to use your in-house treatments until the last drop
What ingredients do I need to prepare my homemade cosmetics?
- Honey : honey is widely used in medicine and cosmetics. It is often used in the treatment of skin lesions and acne because it has antibacterial properties. It accelerates the healing of wounds. Honey perfectly moisturizes and soothes skin irritations, which is why it is an excellent ingredient in homemade cosmetics.
- Egg : an egg is a rich source of lecithin, which prevents hair loss. It also contains proteins which hydrate, strengthen and add volume to your hair. Folic acid, iron and phosphorus alleviate the symptoms of dandruff. The yolk acts as a natural emulsifier, effectively binding the added ingredients. An egg-based hair mask will therefore have a smooth texture, easy to apply and pleasant to the touch. So think about taking organic eggs!
- Banana : bananas are tropical fruits that contain antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C, E, as well as potassium, zinc, manganese and iron. It strongly nourishes and hydrates the skin, provides it with the nutrients necessary to maintain its perfect condition. Ideal for the care of oily, dry, mature, sensitive or acneic skin.
- Coffee grounds : coffee, when used on the skin or hair, has an excellent impact on their condition. Caffeine stimulates hair growth, reduces cellulite, smoothes and firms the skin. It has beneficial properties for the appearance and health of the face, body and hair. It oxygenates our skin, prevents the appearance of wrinkles, slims and reduces hair loss.
- Yogurt : yogurt is ideal for skin and hair care. Natural yogurt contains zinc, calcium, lactic acid and B vitamins. Zinc regulates sebum production, soothes inflammation and acne. Calcium protects the skin from dryness and dehydration. Vitamin B refreshes, hydrates and regenerates the skin. It especially protects cells against free radicals. Lactic acid not only improves hydration, but also has anti-wrinkle properties. As a result, natural yogurt gently brightens the skin, reduces swelling in parts of your body and soothes after sunburns.
Homemade honey lip balm recipe
The DIY honey-based lip balm, produced by you, will be your best ally for dry and chapped lips. It will make them soft and beautiful thanks to repairing and protective properties.
- 1 spoonful of honey
- 1/2 a cup of grated beeswax
- 2 drops of vitamin E oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 10 drop sof lemon juice
How to make my homemade lip balm?
Mix the ingredients until you obtain a homogeneous and creamy mass. Then transfer it to small containers. After several hours, the lip balm will be ready to use. Remember to keep the cosmetic in a cool place. Otherwise, it will constantly melt and lose its consistency.
Homemade anti-cellulite body scrub recipe
This DIY, natural scrub will be perfect for smoothing your skin gently, removing all dead skin and stimulating blood circulation. The coffee grounds, associated with honey will guarantee you an exceptional exfoliation session!
- 1/4 cup of coffee grounds
- 1/2 glass of honey
How do I make my homemade cellulite scrub?
Warm the coffee grounds slightly. Add the honey to the still warm coffee grounds and stir until they combine well. Apply this mixture to your wet skin, especially to the areas affected by cellulite. Massage for a few minutes. Then rinse the scrub with lukewarm water and wash with a mild soap.
Homemade hair mask recipe to restore radiance
This DIY hair mask will restore immediate shine to your hair. The mixture of an egg yolk, lemon juice and olive oil is a perfect combo to hydrate your hair and make it shiny and strong.
- 1 egg yolk
- Several lemon juice drops
- 1 spoonful of olive oil
How do I make my homemade natural hair mask?
Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth, even mixture. Apply it on your hair, strand by strand, and protect them with a charlotte and a towel. Leave your natural mask on for an hour. Take advantage of this moment to prepare a homemade SPA. Pamper yourself with a body scrub or a homemade facial treatment.
Homemade moisturizing face mask recipe made from yogurt
This mask made from natural yogurt, combined with honey, will immediately hydrate your face, giving you a radiant healthy glow!
- 2 spoonfuls of natural yogurt
- 1 spoonful of organic honey
- 1 spoonful of avocado pulp
- 1 tablespoon of cooked oatmeal
How do I make my hydrating face mask?
ombine all the ingredients in a bowl and it's ready. Apply the prepared mask on the face for 15 minutes, then wash it off gently with lukewarm water. You will be surprised by the result. This homemade mask not onlyinstantly improves hydration and elasticity of your skin , but also smooths and tightens your face gently.
Recipe for a natural homemade toothpaste
This natural DIY toothpaste will whiten your teeth effectively. In order to avoid using baking soda ona daily basis, you can replace it from time to time with calcium carbonate. So here is a homemade zero waste solution for your oral hygiene and fresh breath daily!
- 4 spoonfuls of white clay
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (prefer the "pharmacy" version which will be thinner) or calcium carbonate
- 8 spoonfuls of water
- A few drops of peppermint essential oils (if you are not pregnant or breastfeeding and should not be used for children under 7 years old)
How do I make my homemade natural toothpaste?
Mix the white clay with the baking soda. Gradually add the water and the drops of peppermint essential oil. It's over, your homemade toothpaste is ready!
Beer and Egg Hair Rinse Recipe
Faster to prepare than a mask, this hair rinse will immediately add shine to your hair and make it easier to disentangle.
- One 25cl glass of beer
- One egg yolk
Pour a glass of beer into a saucepan and set aside overnight so that the alcohol partially evaporates. Mix with the egg yolk and pour over washed hair. Massage with your fingers, then rinse with cold water. The hairstyle will smell a bit 'festive', but the beer aroma will disappear when your hair is dry.
You now have a couple of recipes to go for. Try some of them and tell us how they worked for you ! Looking forward to your return.