What is the origin of the konjac sponge?
Konjac sponge is made from the plant fibers of a plant from the forests of Southeast Asia called "Amorphophallus Konjac". This plant commonly known as "Konnyaku" is the origin of konjac, popular in Japan for nearly 2000 years as a detoxifier, appetite suppressant and slimming ally. The konjac plant is a vegetable eaten in Japan, China, Vietnam and Indonesia; it serves as a staple diet thanks to the tubers rich in starchy foods.
For over a century now, the plant has been transformed into a sponge and was initially used for washing babies. The konjac sponge is now adopted by adults also because of its cleansing and exfoliating properties on the skin depending on its composition. Konjac has an estimated 97% water content in addition to being rich in minerals.
Why use The Konjac sponge company brand sponges?
Although there are a multitude of them on the market, The Konjac Sponge Company brand is positioned as a benchmark in the manufacture of konjac sponges. What sets it apart is the wide range of choices it offers users depending on their skin type. The Konjac Sponge Company produces sponges by adding natural active ingredients such as plant extracts or clay to accentuate the cleansing of the skin according to the sponge that suits its needs.
In addition, The Konjac Sponge Company offers sponges free of dyes, pollutants or any other harmful substance that tends to irritate the skin. The konjac sponge company sponges respect the pH of the skin, they are endowed with remarkable elasticity and softness.
Konjac sponge is an antiseptic; moreover, it reasonably limits the production of sebum. It deeply cleanses the skin without attacking it. The konjac sponge company sponge adds a finishing touch to your skincare routine when used after makeup removal. It acts as an exfoliant, tightens pores and stimulates cell renewal. The Konjac Sponge Company sponges are the most harmless and effective there is.
Also, the softness of the konjac sponge makes the skin smooth while erasing imperfections without leaving redness.
Which The Konjac Sponge Company natural sponge should I choose for my skin?
The Konjac Sponge Company offers sponges whose composition varies according to the needs and the type of skin to be treated:
- The white konjac sponge is universal, so it is suitable for all skin types
- The black konjac sponge with bamboo charcoal is recommended for acne or oily skin; its absorbent capacity makes it perfect for regulating excess sebum
- The pink clay-based konjac sponge is recommended for reactive or sensitive skin in view of its softening, plumping and stimulating functions.
- The red clay-based konjac sponge gently cleanses dry and sensitive skin
- The konjac sponge with green clay is preferred by people with normal-combination skin; it purifies and cleanses the skin
- The konjac sponge with green tea is exfoliating, it activates the microcirculation; it is suitable for irritated, sensitive or tired skin.
The Konjac Sponge Company brand therefore manufactures sponges suitable for all types of skin, even the most sensitive or those suffering from psoriasis. Although not yet widely used in stores, you can easily find the right products online for your needs.
How to use a konjac sponge?
The konjac sponge is fairly easy to use as long as you observe the procedure.
- First, make sure to soften the sponge by wetting it with warm or hot water. To be precise, the sponge swells on contact with water
- Add a cleaner (soap or other) for it to perform better if you wish
- Then proceed to gentle cleaning
- Pass the sponge over the targeted area (face or body) using light circular movements
- Finally, clean your sponge with hot water and rinse it with a soap bar, such as Marseille soap, to remove sebum and impurities after use
It is essential to remove make-up well before applying the Konjac sponge to the face in order to eliminate the impurities accumulated at night or during the day.
For better preservation, be sure to dry the sponges between 2 uses, their lifespan is 3 months on average.
What are the values of The Konjac Sponge Company?
The Konjac Sponge Company brand attaches great value to healthy production and respect for the environment. As a result, The Konjac Sponge Company sponges are completely natural and biodegradable. They therefore have no polluting effect on the planet.
You can also see the Leaping Bunny, Cruelty Free and Vegan Society badges on the brand's products. These symbols show their attachment to the production of natural items. In addition, The Konjac Sponge Company favors a production mechanism that respects animal welfare. The Konjac Sponge Company sponges are suitable for vegans.
In addition, The Konjac Sponge Company is the only manufacturer to produce sponges purely in accordance with the Asian tradition. Their konjac sponges are indeed handmade in South Korea on Jeju Island (a UNESCO heritage site).
You now know more about The Konjac Sponge Company, a brand with products that are as economical, ecological as they are effective for skin care. It is nevertheless essential to choose a konjac sponge adapted to your needs to fully benefit from its exploits.